Affiliated with Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia – PCFA
Sponsored by HammondCare Health and Hospitals
Local Businesses Support Prostate Cancer
Our aim is to promote awareness of prostate cancer in the community and raise funds for research.
September is International Prostate Cancer Awareness month and the Northern Beaches Prostate Cancer Support Group organises events to increase public awareness and inform the community that a simple PSA blood test could lead to early detection and save a man’s life. 3,300 Australian men a year die from Prostate Cancer and 20,000 Australian men a year receive a new diagnosis, that’s 54 a day!
There have been many advances made in the treatment of Prostate Cancer over the last few years and all money we raise will go into research to find new treatment/cure.
Wondering how to get information about Prostate Cancer on Sydney’s Northern Beaches?
Our friendly, voluntary Support Group is here to help!
At our monthly meetings you can hear our speakers bring us up to date on the latest treatment options and talk with men who have experienced the same situation.
While members of the group do not provide medical advice they can provide emotional support to men and their families
In 2019 we will have many interesting speakers and events including –
- Professor Paul Keall – Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials
- Dr Zaklina Kovacevic – Researcher
- Assoc Professor Michael Izard – Radiation Oncologist
- Assoc Professor Celi Vero -Urologist
- Mens’ Night Only
- Speakers on new developments in the treatment of prostate cancer
The Group has members from Manly to Palm Beach and the Pacific coast to the Roseville Bridge and everyone is welcome.
Carers are welcomed at the meetings. In addition there is from time to time a separate session to address their own issues. These are conducted by a volunteer professional counsellor.
- Our monthly meetings are held from February to December on the 1st Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm and are held in the Palliative Care Cottage in the grounds of Mona Vale District Hospital, Coronation Street, Mona Vale